segunda-feira, 28 de fevereiro de 2011

tale of the acquired taste

i didn´t receive any instructions on how to approach the subject matter, but i'll try to keep myself within what i consider to be part of it...

it seems to be a natural process, natural in the sense of it being quite common, that as a person grows older and sleeves fall short under his wrists, tastebuds would ripe and belittle all that once might have been said to be pure flavour delight. suddenly sweet sickens and bitter captivates. well, not exactly suddenly. it usually happens within a long lingering process that is aging.

can we consider that our minds and our tastebuds grow together? we better not. just as we learn along the way, not even the maturing process can happen on its own.

still, sometimes it just takes a subtle movement, a gentle touch. sooo much easier than just maturing...

to me, it did: couple of years ago, i took "another first attempt" on blue cheeses. their smell just made me sick. this time, in delicious italian bread and with some olive oil drizzled on top of it, it just seemed like perfection.

i didn't need to do anything to start appreciating it. it just dawned on me. usually, maturing seems to be harder. but then, it were probably my tastebuds who were different.

still, just as life might seem too hard to take it all and get it together, i love to engorge myself on those simple sweet tastes occasionally, just as if i would hide under my mother's wings.

so sweet...

2 comentários:

  1. Wher is Fazer!
    I will find it for chocholate eater tg!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. I couldnt understand very well some parts, but i think you are a hundred percently right!

    ResponderExcluir