sexta-feira, 8 de julho de 2011

Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes (by h.chiurciu)

Today I had a realy simple and delicious lunch that I'd like to share with you all.

Macaroni is a very popular food, for it is simple and it can taste really great when done properly. But I see most people doing always the same business - pasta cooked on water, ready-made tomato sauce heated and cheese on top. I don't like that too much. And I confess I don't like that bolognese sauce either, at least not the usualy seen one - with "minced meat". And then I see some fancy-ass restaurants selling "pasta with fresh tomatoes sauce" for a small fortune, like it's something sooooo special...
And somehow it is, but it shouldn't.

That's why today I show you a really easy, healthy and tasty way for making your pasta. :)

Stir on olive oil a small onion, well-chopped, untill it gets goldy. Add some 4 or 5 red tomatoes also very well chopped (it is better to use them the most ripe as possible, though I usually use them a little pale) and let it cook for a while. It will become a thick paste. You shoul add a sliced zuchinni now, and let it cook with the tomatoes. Don't forget to adjust the salt, as well as throwing a pinch of sugar to keep it from tasting too acid.

Add a bit of water and keep it cooking untill the tomatoes melt nicely, always letting it more watery than you want it. Now all you need to do is add the pasta - today I used a mini-penne for my lunch, and it tasted really great! I recommend this kind of macaroni, instead of spaghetti-like ones: penne, farfalle, etc. Let it cook alltogether, untill it's dried-up the way you want.

It is done!!
I added just a pinch of basil, because I love it.
It tastes as simple as it is, and sometimes that's all that you need: a simple, delicious lunch to keep your day shining with health and freshness!!

;D

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário