sábado, 18 de junho de 2011

tosta con tomateen (by h.chiurciu)

So today i had breakfast, and it was my favorite in the world breakfast: the spanish tosta con tomate! Of course, i am no great spanish tomatoaster, but i’ve figured out a rather simple way of enjoying this great dish at home.

First, a tomatoe: ideally big, red and ripe, but i usually use any tomatoe i find on fridge. You peel it (wich can be not so nice in a cold weather, if the tomatoe was in fridge like mine), slice it in four or whatever and microwave it! A minute and a half, within the medium potence, shall be enough. It is supposed to melt down in a fresh pulpy sauce. Then i like to smash the pieces to make the sauce a bit thicker and add a bunch of salt and olive oil (in Spain, they use A LOT of salt, but you can take it easy if you want). One could season it with oreaganne, but i dislike the idea for it is too italian and pizza-ish and everybody puts oreganne on everything and i’m sick of it. (added by Tiago: i’m sick of what we know by oreganne: it seems to me that it is very well possible to have really great flavor with a fresh one, not this “dry” thing we have in the supermakets.) So i stick with the original Spanish Flavor: salt and olive and tomatoes!

Then you use it with the bread. You can use any kind of bread, toasted sliced bread or toasted regular bread or even a regular old bread, like i did. I suggest you stick with the toasted or dried-up breads, because of the delicious way the tomatoe re-hidrates the stiff dough while still leting some parts of it really crunchy and interesting to bite. I used a stiff and 3-days-old mini-portuguese bread - portuguese bread is a kind of bread that i have never seen anywhere outside brazil, not even in portugal (added by Tiago, again: in fact i have heard that in Argentina they have a suppose portuguese bread as well, very similiar to ours, but in paris i went to a portuguese bakery and there was nothing about this.); i find the best here in Pirituba, so when you come for a visit you should stop by and try it!

This is what i find one of the worlds best breakfasts in the world, because of everything: it is simple, nutritious, delicious and makes you feel like a classic anarchist! ~ or even a fascist, if thats your zing, because everyone can enjoy a good tosta con tomate!!!


Tiago: But, what about the beverage? How can it fit to a liquidbreakfast?

H: Personally, i dont use to have liquidbreakfasts; in this case, i find the tomatoe all the liquid i need to have. But if you like, you can combine it with cofee or orange juice, I suppose.


T: ok, i do agree. but, what about tomatoes juice? I mean, as beverage.

H: What about it? I use bottled ones to make gazpacho! But that’s hardly a breakfast. I like it, as a beverage, but when i was a kid i liked it more (maybe because it was the best thing i could have on wedding parties). Maybe it’s quite the young drink, now thinking.

Um comentário:

  1. Fellows,
    I now feel sad, for I have already fastbreaked and, as time now shows, it is time for lunch, so Ill have to wait until tomorrow to enjoy tomatoasts-as-in-breakfast. (but maybe I should be little happier: there will be good breakfast, this tomorrow!)

    But I have also just one personality tale to throw you: I cannot drink tomatoes juice. Once I was a kid, I went to the beach. And on the beach my grandemother was having a tomatoejuice, which I think was bottled, as in already-made and conserved. I had never experienced tomato juice and, being (as today) a big tomatoe fan, I ran to it to sip.
    ....but it was sour! It had been in house for many months and grademother had not seen it. So I spent all night throwing up and cursing tomatoejuice. It is sad, because the concept of it is very pleasing, but since today when I have I feel not so happy. Does not taste that good. Oh, well.

    ResponderExcluir