segunda-feira, 20 de junho de 2011

sunday-time lunch (by h.chiurciu)

For who doesn’t know it, I am living alone for a brief season.

The big challenge in this home-reality, at least as I see it, is to go from the state of “quotidian client” to “quotidian server” – that is, to become myself the generator of my own routine.

And what could be more routine-ish in a house than meal time, am I right?

With an erratic presence within the domestic events as mine, the traditional “tons of food => meal for 3 days” scheme doesn’t have much use. Cooking individual plates everyday can be quite a delicade activity, but the freshness of each meal gives the one-man-house style a unique charm.

After a very greasy Saturday, almost entirely based upon the uses of animal protein (a sausage tortilla for lunch and a potato & bacon pie by the afternoon, made with the deep-hearted company of Tiago de Mello], I’ve decided to fill my belly with the vegetables and greenery that I have inside my fridge.

Being so, I made myself a beautiful vegetable dry-stew (with no gravy intented), used as a sidedish for the already-introduced Lithuanian pie [originally called Kugelis]: i used onion and French garlic on butter, zucchini and carrots in slices and a handful of well-chopped Collard greens, all seasoned with shoyu and a pinch of sesame oil. And it worked out pretty well!

Also, i had lunch in my backyard! =3

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário